2009年10月21日水曜日

morning study session(Oct 21, 2009)


First official morning study session with M.

We are going to take turns leading sessions (only two of us though) in the mornings. It's my turn today to bring up a topic and I suggested for us to study about dynamic programming.

T: Let's learn how to make use of dynamic programming.

M: Why bother?

T: If applied to a right kind of problem, it can be very useful, especially for calculating layout, allocating tasks, ... I think we can work on problems from programming contests and see how we can do well w/o dynamic programming (maybe brute force search), then see how dynamic programming can help.

M: It seems hard to start working on such problems right away.

T: I see. By my next turn, I'll pick a simple problem from a contest that can be solved in a straight forward way.


So anyway I'm going to stick with dynamic programming for a while. M will work on poi, and he'll explain it to me next time.

0 件のコメント: